AS9100 Supplier Requirements, Terms and Conditions Agreement
General: As a supplier to B & P Manufacturing, Inc., hereinafter referred to as B & P, it is understood that your organization agrees to meet the following stipulations / AS9100 requirements whenever a B & P Purchase Order specifies that the order is for an aerospace application / job (or contains some similar aerospace/AS9100 reference). These requirements are, therefore, to be considered as terms and conditions to all aerospace purchases.
- Where required on the B & P Purchase Order, its suppliers must use B & P customer-approved special process sources. These sources will be communicated to you by B & P in advance or with the Purchase Order.
- B & P is to be contacted (by the supplier) in the event of nonconforming product / material. Arrangements for the approval of supplier nonconforming product / material must be as directed by a B & P authorized manager or designee.
- Furthermore, the supplier is required to notify B & P of any changes to a product and/or process and to obtain approval of such change from an authorized B & P manager or designee.
- B & P, their customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to all supplier facilities involved in the aerospace order and to all associated / applicable records.
- B & P requires that all applicable customer / regulatory / AS9100 requirements for the supplier to flow-down to your supplier / sub-tier suppliers (includes requirements in the purchasing documents and key characteristics).
- B & P performs inspection activities to ensure that purchased product meets purchase requirements. They may include:
- Receiving inspections (of supplier products/services/documents) may be / are performed by a designated B & P employee. B & P verifies the authenticity of the appropriate certificate of conformity, material certificates, etc. and other accompanying documentation by review and comparison (as is appropriate) to the drawing and/or industry specifications or by other means. When necessary, B & P may inspect or audit at the supplier’s facility.
- All incoming finished parts, bar stock, forgings, special tooling or any item that is used in the manufacture of aerospace parts must be boxed or protected during shipping. B & P retains the right to refuse any shipment because of damage that may occur because of improper packaging, etc. and return it to the supplier for replacement at the supplier’s cost.
- Furthermore, products are inspected to ensure they meet requirements (dimensions, etc.) and the results are recorded (as appropriate). All special processes (anodizing, heat treat, zinc plating, etc.) will require a Certificate of Conformity.
- When appropriate, B & P may delegate the inspection authority to one of its approved suppliers. B & P will communicate the inspection requirements and maintain a record of those approved to carry out such inspections.
- When B & P or its customer intends to perform verification at the supplier’s premises, B & P will first state the intended verification arrangements and the method of product release. This information will be communicated on the B & P Purchase Order or via another acceptable purchasing arrangement.
- Where specified in the contract, B & P’s customer or customer’s representative will be afforded the right to verify at the supplier’s and B & P’s premises that subcontracted product conforms to specified requirements. Verification by the customer is not used by B & P as evidence of effective control of quality by the supplier and shall not absolve B & P nor its supplier of the responsibility to provide acceptable product, nor shall it preclude subsequent rejection by the customer.
- To prevent the purchase of counterfeit or suspect / unapproved products, to ensure product identification and traceability, and for other reasons, B & P will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and / or other supporting documentation from its suppliers as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on B & P Purchase Order or may otherwise be communicated to the supplier.
- Records are available for review by customers and regulatory authorities in accordance with contract or regulatory requirements.
- B & P may also require specific actions where timely and / or effective corrective actions to a supplier issue(s) are not achieved. These actions may include but are not limited to any or all of the following: withholding payment until the issue is resolved, removal of the supplier from B & P’s Approved Supplier List, and legal actions.
- Documented information such as Test Reports, Material Certs., and / or Certificates of Conformity shall accompany all orders.
- The supplier shall immediately notify B & P and explain any circumstances, including labor dispute, which may delay the timely performance of the Purchase Order and shall continue to notify B & P of any significant changes in delivery status.